To find the best path forward, look back.
If you desire to unearth a meaningful course for your life, look back at those special activities or experiences that gave you a heightened sense of being alive.
- What were you doing when you felt you made a difference, either in your life, or in someone else’s?
- Have you ever traveled to a special place that made you feel more enriched? More enlightened?
- Have you ever learned something new that made you feel fulfilled in a way you haven’t felt in a long time?
- When you were a child, what were the things you did that gave you complete and utter joy?
- What did you dream of becoming “when you grew up”?
Pinpointing these “peak” moments from your past will help you determine your core values. Determining these values ― i.e. helping others, creativity, adventure, family ― is the first step in your journey of finding your passion(s) in life.
Find your wings… at any age.